Ready to Publish
Ready to Publish
Jul 25, 2021
Capability is the essential quality of life that enables potentiality to be converted Into actuality.
Capability is the essential quality of life that enables potentiality to be transformed Into actuality. Capability is a combination of a muscle and a skill which can be developed with Dependable practice. The amount of capability we have determines how effectively we can either appreciate what we have, or shape more of what we want.
Capability is the compound outcome made up of the mastery of The 6 capabilities.
Capability is one of The 3 potentials of life.
Everything under here is under construction
- This excludes the notion of a Meaning gap and therefore the dictionary definition of “capability” is not sufficient to define what I mean by the term. I might more “formally” use the term “Meaningful capability” but in practice I don’t think I will bother
- Involves the coordination of
/Capability is earned and owned/ - Olson
- Capability is a continuum that ranges from incompetence to mastery
- Capability exists in a particular domain which we call the “Situation-moment”. This is an extension of Dewey’s theory of inquiry, and his notion of the “situation”. In Bennett’s Systematic’s it is a 5 term system.
The ACM is a model based in [[The Systematics of Self Authorship]]. It has 3 levels.
- imtuition of need (capability starts with includes a sensing of what is important)
- active awareness of the environment
These 2 terms define the need for capability. The space between them is called the "meaning gap"
- a hypothesis of how to reconcile the Meaning gap
- the ability to act on the hypothesis
This level brings practice and learning
- learning capacity via active reflection
This level brings the extra complication of identity and competing selves
- all of which are coordinated by a central agency into effective behaviour (“mastery”)
- disidentification (required in the context of multiple
Versus literacy or knowledge
- [Knowledge] is information; it is only 1 of the 5 capabilities
- Or is the question what is the relationship between order & capability?
- Is capability the capacity for synergy with other? To work together as one
- Capability is another word for fitness
Looking for synonyms