- Effort has to do with how much work you're putting into something
- Effort is the essential component of self-efficacy.
- Capability development depends on the acquisition of a work ethic
To strive is to endeavour, reach, or strain for something above or beyond.
Though it shares its roots with strife ("conflict"), it changed over the years (centuries, actually) to describe something more like a conflict with oneself, the attempt to overcome limitations and stay focused on a goal, regardless of whatever quarrels or disputes come up
- To [Strive] is necessary to push through the bounds of current capacity
- Somewhere between a stretch and a effort-ful push
must see the connection between effort and achievement
- "I am have certain capacity-Tolerance for suffering and uncertainty. When this runs low then Humans (Community) needed"
- In the domain of time, it is endurance
- Suffering, stretching & struggle are all synonymous with strive. Sacrifice is the name of the price paid for striving.
- present struggle is the key to future happiness
Remember that present struggle is the key to future happiness JG Bennett
Is made noble in the service of a meaningful [[Meaning Gap 🔘]]
- Denial is same as stretch cos both rely on exercise of affirmation
- meaningful growth requires challenge and stress
- muscles need to be exposed to higher workloads than they are used to
- Ref [[Transformation by JG Bennett]]
- The “I want” aspect of will that is the “sibling” of the wish of “I will”
- Push oneself
- Intentional suffering
- Conscious labour